Upper Deck Redemptions
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have been waiting for a redemption card for some time. What options do I have?
- I pulled an expired redemption or another type of offer. Can I still redeem it?
- I’m trying to redeem a card, but it indicates it has already been redeemed by another user. What can Upper Deck do to help?
- I pulled a redemption card for a draft pick redemption. What takes so long on those cards?
- Why does Upper Deck use redemptions?
- Why do redemptions expire?
- What happens to redemption cards after they expire?
- I pulled a card out of a pack that was damaged. Can I get a replacement?
- I am trying to put together a set, but just keep getting duplicates. Is there anything Upper Deck do to help?
- I expected to get a certain number of insert cards out of the box/case because of the posted insert ratios, but fell short. What should I do?
- I pulled some type of error card. What can Upper Deck do to help?
- Can you tell me the value of cards or your production numbers of specific cards?
- I placed an order on Upper Deck's online store and then I found a discount coupon. Can I still use it?
- Who do I contact to inquire about, change or cancel my order?
- What is the upperdeckstore.com return policy?
- Where can I purchase your products? Do you sell to collectors?
- What does Upper Deck recommend for displaying autographed memorabilia?
- What can I do if I lose my Upper Deck Authenticated certificate of authenticity?
- How do I become a dealer of Upper Deck trading cards?
- Do you offer factory tours?
- I have some great ideas for Upper Deck. Do you accept outside ideas? If so, where can I send them?
- How do I unsubscribe to Upper Deck’s email newsletters?
You can contact our redemption department to get a status on the card in question or to request a replacement if it has been more than 45 days since you redeemed the card. Please email us at email@example.com if you are ready to replace your card. You can request 4-5 players or teams that you collect, and we will use these as a guideline in replacing your redemption. The card we are able to send will depend on our inventory, so it’s possible that we will not be able to send one of the teams or players you request. We can guarantee you will receive a card of comparable value.
Unfortunately, we cannot honor expired redemptions. We have to have a start date and end date to all exchange programs. After that end date the product is either destroyed, used as replacements for other projects or awarded to free method of entry participants. Most exchange offers are generally good for 6 months-2 years so keep that in mind when purchasing older products. Customers can usually get good deals on older boxes and cases, but if there is an issue with expired offers, damage, collation or insert ratio, there is little we can do to help with these products.
I’m trying to redeem a card, but it indicates it has already been redeemed by another user. What can Upper Deck do to help?
Please have your customer contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the code on the card, item description and a message indicating how they acquired the card. If the card has already been redeemed and sent to another customer, we cannot help you. If it has not been sent and you are in possession of the redemption card, we can transfer the card to their on-line account.
For hockey, the player needs to make the team before we can set about capturing photos of them. Additionally, the player actually needs to skate in an official NHL game before we can even begin the process. Draft cards are great ways to add value to early season products and create interest in new rookies, but due to league restrictions, they usually are not available until a couple months after the start of the season.
There are a variety of reasons Upper Deck will use redemptions. If athletes do not return their cards to us in time for packout, we have to use redemption cards so we can meet the insert ratios on the packaging and to hopefully avoid having gaps in the set. We sometimes use rookie redemptions that are not signed to create excitement for the upcoming draft and to add more value to the product.
We need to have a start date and end date for all our redemptions in accordance with laws on these programs. We also do not have room to warehouse older, obsolete cards forever. Currently autograph and draft pick redemptions are available for two years from the release date and memorabilia redemptions are available for one year from the release date. Special programs may have different windows of availability as well.
They are either destroyed or used for replacements with other redemption programs. Unfortunately expired redemption cards cannot be honored.
Since the packaging of cards is a mechanized process, there are some times when damaged cards end up in the packs. We work very hard to decrease the likelihood of these events, but it can still happen. Our replacement policy is to replace any damaged product for up to one year after its release date.
We try to replace cards on a card for card basis, but often cannot replace ultra rare items like cards that feature cut signatures of deceased athletes, 1 of 1 cards or plate cards. In this case, we can replace the card with one of comparable value. We cannot offer trades for other cards. Up to 40 cards can be submitted per request. Replacement time usually takes between 8-12 weeks.
Please note, we are only able to help with damaged cards if they are purchased from one of our Certified Diamond Dealers. If you have an issue, please email your full name, address and phone number to QA@upperdeck.com, and we’ll set up a case for you. Once you have a case number, we will send you an address you will need to send your damaged card(s), receipt & UPC codes to. Items mailed to Upper Deck without a case number will be returned to customers unopened. If you are mailing cards of value, we highly recommend mailing them in via certified, registered, or insured mail. The Upper Deck Company is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected mail.
I am that is trying to put together a set, but just keep getting duplicates. Is there anything Upper Deck do to help?
Upper Deck utilizes random distribution in lieu of a sequence when it comes to inserting cards into packs. The random distribution does not rule out the possibilities of duplicates in a pack or box however. To try to completely control or eliminate the possibility of replication would eliminate the concept of randomness.
There are rare occasions, however, where cards may fire into packs at incorrect rates. These are very isolated occurrences. If you have a major issue with that type of situation, please contact email@example.com or call us directly at 800.873.7332.
I expected to get a certain number of insert cards out of the box/case because of the posted insert ratios, but fell short. What should I do?
The Upper Deck Company utilizes random sequencing in the packaging of its trading cards. For our insert cards, we indicate the probability of obtaining an insert card within a pre-determined number of foil packs or boxes. The stated odds reflect an average of the entire production run and this ratio is not guaranteed to exist within an individual box or case.
However, we understand the investment you make by purchasing products at a box or case level and we do want to support you. If you have an issue like this, please email your name, address and phone number to QA@upperdeck.com, and we’ll set up a case for you. Please note, we are only able to help with damaged cards if they are purchased from one of our Certified Diamond Dealers. Once you have a case number, we will need you to send in your receipt & UPC codes.
Please contact us at 800.873.7332 to discuss or better yet, send a scan of the card in question for firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review and get back with you.
Although we do suggest a retail price on our products, ultimately the secondary market values are determined by supply and demand and recorded by third-party periodicals. The Upper Deck Company does not estimate current or future values. The best resources for market value estimates are the various monthly price guides, which are available at most card shops. It is not the policy of the Upper Deck Company to release production numbers; however all of our products are limited to maintain product integrity and value. Any numbers that you may hear quoted are speculation.
I placed an order on Upper Deck's online store and then I found a discount coupon. Can I still use it?
Unfortunately online store coupons or discounts can be applied only at the time of your purchase. You can, however, use the same coupon or discount on your next order, provided it hasn't expired.
Please send us an email at email@example.com, referencing your order number and clearly indicating the nature of your question or concern. We will reply within 24 hours of receipt with all the appropriate answers.
The Upper Deck Company wants you to be absolutely satisfied with your purchase. Every care has been taken to assure that you receive your order precisely in the manner you requested it. Inside each shipment Upper Deck has enclosed a return authorization form in order to simplify the return process. Please call us within 48 hours of receipt of your package if you wish to return your merchandise for any reason.
All items must be returned within 15 days of receipt and with accompanying proof or purchase (a copy of the internet order and credit card receipt).
Please call our customer service team at 800.873.7332 and we will assist you with the return process and requirements. No returns will be accepted without a return authorization number.
- Please call us within 48 hours of receipt of your package at 800.873.7332 if you have received merchandise that has been damaged during shipment or is defective.
- We will need to issue a "call tag" in order to have your package picked up and returned to us.
- Remember to save all original packing materials and use it to securely reseal your package for return.
- We will not issue a refund for any damage caused or resulting from any failure to follow this procedure.
- If we determine that your item was damaged during shipment to you or is defective, we will issue a full refund of the purchase price and shipping charges in the form of a credit to the original credit card used to make the purchase.
- We will refund your return shipping charges for merchandise that was damaged during shipment, defective or shipped to you in error.
The Upper Deck Company does not sell on a retail level to individual collectors. However, you may obtain the products you desire through our distribution network that consists of hobby dealers, as well as national, convenience, and retail stores. Check our store locator for the hobby dealer nearest you.
Framing or encasing Upper Deck Authenticated items is the perfect way to showcase them. We feature a variety of display cases and framed items on our website. We do recommend that items not be exposed to direct sunlight, ultraviolet light or any other direct light as this may cause fading to signatures and hand-numbering or discoloration to the item over time. Unfortunately, we cannot replace items that are improperly displayed or stored by the customer.
As of September 30th, 2012 Upper Deck will no longer be able to provide a replacement Letter of Authenticity for any lost Certificate of Authenticity. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 800-873.7332.
We currently offer applications for hobby stores only. To qualify, listed below is the information that is required:
- A hobby store's primary business must operate out of a permanent storefront location. Retail card shop businesses must be 80% trading cards and sports memorabilia with the balance of sale, if any, related to collectibles. Interior decor must clearly show sports cards, sports memorabilia, sports cards advertisements or posters.
- Photos of the interior and exterior of the store. Exterior photos must clearly show store sign and address, while the interior shots must clearly show entire contents of store.
- Unexpired business license and/or resale permit reflecting the name and address of the store.
- Three current, separate proofs of card purchases from other card manufacturers.
- Signed tax resale card must be supplied with your application; application will also need to be notarized.
- To request an application packet, please contact our customer service department at 800.873.7332.
- How do I become an Upper Deck Authenticated dealer?
- Contact our customer service team at 800.873.7332, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (PST). Our staff will give you all the information you need to become an authorized Upper Deck Authenticated dealer.
Due to the state-of-the-art nature of many of our production processes, our plant is a secured facility and we do not conduct plant tours.
We strive every day to bring you innovative products that push the envelope. We realize though that there is no expert quite like you, the customer. We encourage you to provide us with any suggestions on how we can better serve you and, in the end, offer you better products. To submit ideas for new products, please email us at GeneralQuestions@upperdeck.com.
To unsubscribe from receiving future emails, newsletters, or catalogs from Upper Deck:
- You may unsubscribe here; or
- Visit upperdeck.com, once you are logged-in, click the button that says "my account";
- At the bottom of that screen please uncheck the box that reads: "Would you like to receive future emails, newsletters, or catalogs from Upper Deck authenticated?”;
- Click the "submit" button.
Can-Spam Act Compliance
As Upper Deck's mission statement proclaims, the company's intention is to provide its worldwide consumers with sports and entertainment products that reflect its commitment to rich set content, innovative design, quality craftsmanship, and authenticity.
With customer satisfaction being a top priority, Upper Deck also respects the privacy of its consumers and acts in compliance with the provisions of the federal "controlling the assault of non-solicited pornography and marketing act (can-spam) of 2003" when contacting consumers through unsolicited electronic messaging (e-mail).
Upper Deck's compliance with this federal law includes but is not limited to providing a valid return e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), a working postal address (2251 Rutherford Road, Carlsbad, CA 92008), a subject line that is relevant to the e-mail's contents and a functioning opt-out option. Furthermore, when consumers elect to opt-out, their request is processed within 10 business days.
Again, our primary objective is to please our consumers. If you have any issues or questions regarding our e-mail practices, please feel free to contact us at 800.873.7332.