1. Information Collected. In order to allow you to use the Site, LJFF may request and/or collect information (such as name, e-mail address, shipping address, country of residence, and date of birth) from you on a voluntary basis.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that can be used to personally identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address(es) (e.g., home, shipping, billing address etc.), telephone number, or e-mail address. Personally Identifiable Information may be collected when users voluntarily register with the Site or contact LJFF via the Site in order to receive newsletters, new product launch information and/or special events information or to answer surveys, enter contests and receive notices of other promotional opportunities, or when users or visitors of the Site otherwise voluntarily provide such information. LJFF may use the Personally Identifiable Information you provide for various purposes, such as to create a personal customer profile in order to let you know of products, services, or events that may be of special interest to you. Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our customer service team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address, and information about your activity on the Site). The Upper Deck Company, a Nevada corporation (“UDC”) is the host of the Site, and by using the Site and making a donation, you agree to share your Personally Identifiable Information with UDC and third party payment processors necessary to process your donation.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” is information that cannot be used to personally identify you. The Non-Personally Identifiable Information LJFF may collect includes the time and date of access, device information, location information, anonymous usage data while you are using the Site, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and/or number of clicks, referring/exit pages, a website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from or the URL you go to next, and your Internet Protocol address.
2. How LJFF Uses and Shares Information. Unless otherwise provided herein, LJFF will neither disclose nor sell any Personally Identifiable Information about you to a party unaffiliated or unrelated to LJFF except (i) to comply with applicable laws, regulations, subpoenas or court orders or otherwise respond to government inquiries, (ii) protect the rights or property of LJFF or its affiliated or related entities or (iii) if LJFF reasonably believes that you have used information from the Site in order to commit unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health and/or safety of any person or the public. LJFF appointed UDC and its third party service providers to administer and/or operate certain functions or services relating to the Site or LJFF’s operations and businesses, the performance of which may require or be facilitated by a transfer of the Personally Identifiable Information submitted by you. Any such transfer shall be under strict confidentiality and security obligations and for the sole purpose of the performance of those obligations.
3. Children’s Privacy. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use the Site and make a donation. LJFF does not direct the Site to users under thirteen (13) years of age (“children”). LJFF does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information from users on the Site under eighteen (18) years of age, other than as permitted by law in support of the internal operations. LJFF and its processors may collect information such as users’ name, e-mail address, and birthdate to create an account on the Site. If LJFF gains knowledge that Personally Identifiable Information of children under the age of thirteen (13) has been collected on the Site, other than for support of the internal operations, LJFF take reasonable steps to remove such information. If a parent or legal guardian believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to LJFF, he or she may contact LJFF at the addresses provided herein.
5. How LJFF Protects Information. To protect your information, LJFF follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. Unfortunately however, no system or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; human errors do occur, so there is always a possibility that there could be unauthorized access to your information. It is possible that third parties not under the control of LJFF may be able to access or intercept transmissions unlawfully. While LJFF will use all reasonable attempts to keep your information secure, LJFF cannot absolutely guarantee that security. As such, any information that you transmit to us is at your own risk. Residents Outside the U.S.: Residents outside the United States should be aware that their Personally Identifiable Information will be stored on servers located in the United States of America.
6. Receipt and Removal of Information. If you prefer not to receive all, some or any part of the information that the Site, LJFF, or UDC may provide to you, let us know by accessing your personal profile and changing the options of the information that you wish to receive. Or, you may choose to unsubscribe completely by sending an email to email@example.com. Please make sure to include your name, e-mail address and any message. Please note that any requests may take up to six to eight weeks to become effective. LJFF may still contact you to send you important information regarding the operation or administration of your personal profile. If you would prefer not to receive direct communications with regard to the Site and/or UDC or LJFF anymore, you may opt-out by following the directions on the bottom of e-mails to you or by logging into your account and changing your contact settings (where applicable). Any information collected on the Site may be modified or removed by logging into your account and making changes accordingly.
7. Business Transfers. In the event that LJFF or its parent or any affiliates is acquired (whether by sale of assets or ownership interests) by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information we have collected from Site users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may transfer the information to a successor or to a third party that purchases our assets arising from such circumstances.